Monday, March 31, 2008

Warning: Vent

search engine marketing
search engine optimization

If you do not like complaining or whining, be forewarned, I am about to do both. I don't feel I have much of a place to do that anywhere else. So here goes.

I love my daughter. I love my husband. Please understand these things are true. But this also is true. I am frustrated.

We are in the midst of potty training our daughter. I could let it go, but there are people who seem to think that she HAS to be potty trained just because we have a baby on the way. Sure it'd be nice, but I don't want to push it on her. We are still trying to figure out a good way to do it. We cloth diaper, which means we also have cloth training pants. They have to be pulled off. It is really hard changing those when she has a bowel movement in it. And really gross. How do you convey to a child to put her poop in the potty? I thought we had a way to do it. Keep the diaper on her till she poops, then put the 'underwear' on. I do that, and then she has a second bowel movement. I am so frustrated.

Then on top of that, I have one day, nay, one morning a week where I can get together with the other ladies of the church to pray. One hour, once a week, that's all we do. And we pray for the church and each other. It's a time for refreshing for me. It really helps to set my head straight when I pray with others. We moved it to Tuesday because of hubby's schedule, it seems most of his meetings were on Wednesday morning and I wouldn't be able to go. Well, wouldn't you know it, he has a meeting this week, ON TUESDAY!! I don't mind what he's going to, he's actually going to a pastors prayer breakfast and then a subsequent meeting in the same place. But it's like my schedule gets bumped around without even being asked when his changes. He doesn't think of these things until after he's agreed to it. It's ok to change my schedule because I am the stay at home mom, I can change anything. I don't go anywhere. I don't do anything outside of the house, except hang laundry and work in the garden. What do I do all day?

I'm just a little frustrated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated. It's hard when people assume your schedule is more flexible just because you don't have a job outside of the home. Those times with other women sure are important, aren't they?

And M wasn't potty trained until he was 3 1/2 years old! Over a year after J was born. Don't stress over it just because you have another one coming.

Shannon said...

I would be frustrated over the prayer thing too. It's wonderful that you have that opportunity each week though. I hope you can make the next one.

I understand about the potty training, but if it's stressing you this much, maybe you can take a break for a while. I don't think having two in diapers is such a big deal, especially since you use cloth. I'd rather change diapers than have to clean up potty accidents :) From what other moms have told me, kids can practically train themselves when they're ready.

Nola said...

I also wouldn't worry about toilet training...I think that when my LO (now 2) is ready, she will do it, and it will be way easier and faster then. I'd also rather change diapers than poop all over the floor or eeek! my 70's shag carpet.

I have heard of training pants though that have snaps down the sides- although I have also heard they aren't that great for boys-they apparently end up going out the side??? but that doesn't matter for your girl. Maybe something to look into?

I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((Kathryn))))))))))

This too shall pass.

Two in diapers is not that big a deal. I'd not push her training, but that's just me...having had one that I pushed and it backfired on me big time. Stick her in diapers and give it another go in a month or two. She'll get it.