|search engine optimization|
I do realize that mum has been the word for a few weeks. It's been nutsy around here. In a nutshell, here has been the past 4 weeks:
- Nadia had her 5th birthday. Andrew's mom and dad were up and we had a very nice little family party. She got lots of princess stuff, which she loves and also some stuff for school. Talk about that later.
- I completed my Couch to 5K program, which I had never done before. I feel real good about that, although running at 30 mins a clip is still difficult. I have less than a week till my 5K and barring any unforseen problems, I'll be doing it. At this point I just want to finish.
- Andrew had surgery Aug 25 for sleep apnea. The procedure is called LAUP. You can google that, because I haven't the time or patience to link it. This, my friends, has been difficult. My husband does not carry a lot of extra weight and since the surgery he has lost, at last count, 8 lbs. And that was a few days ago. He has severe pain eating, and his throat is sore most of the time. He still has episodes of not breathing when he's sleeping. I've retreated to the guest bed, I just can't hear it. It frightens me too much. We see the doc this afternoon, hopefully he can give us something that will help. He just hurts so.
- Nadia starts school tomorrow. I do not feel ready for this. I mean, I'm ready for her to go, but I just don't know if I'm ready physically. I mean, will I be able to pack a good enough lunch? She is supposed to have memorized this pin code for her lunch/milk money and she hasn't, my fault. I just don't feel ready.
- Oh and I'm preaching on sunday. Any other time I'd be just bouncing off the walls with glee and I am, but the other things going on have overshadowed this excitement.