Friday, July 24, 2009

Can't Loose Cankles

search engine marketing
search engine optimization


I was watching the Early Show this morning while I was doing my 200 Squat Challenge (more on that later) and they had a segment on Cankles (remember my previous post?). They said that the only way to get rid of cankles is surgery. That's a load of hooey. Now maybe for this woman, I mean she was fairly thin all over, but the other pictures of women with cankles they were showing were heavier women. Exercise would probably help in most situations. I find it irritating and depressing that the only way they are saying you can get rid of fat is to cut it off! Now there are sometimes I'd like to do that and I can remember my mother actually saying that, but I'm not going to put myself through an elective surgery just for looks. No way. That's asking for trouble.

And another thing, do you know what irritates me about those shots of heavy people? They never show their faces. Now they probably do that because of the lawsuit factor there. But it makes those people seem nothing more than the excess weight they carry. It irritates me. And why do they feel the need to film heavy people at all? Can't they just show the announcer talking or something? Or show medical pics of the area or whatever? Grrrr. I realize that a lot of people who have excess weight is their fault and they need to do something about it, but still it's irritating.

I'm off my soapbox now.

By the way, have you heard of Turbo Jam? I just tried it this morning. I LOVED it! It was so much fun! And different. I was getting tired of Jillian. I figured that if I was getting bored mentally, I might be getting bored physically. Time to mix it up. I'll still do the Shred, but not everyday. This DVD has 5 different workouts. YAY! Never get used to it.

Now to go eat and mow the lawn. yay.

No comments: