Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I Gotta Tell Ya

search engine marketing
search engine optimization


Rhys did the cutest thing tonight, I just hafta tell ya about it. This week is VBS. I am not about to take Rhys out 3 hours past his bedtime, so it's just him and I at bathtime. Which is fine, we have great fun. I really do enjoy putting him to bed. We usually end up playing and seeing what new things Rhys has learned. After I get him undressed I put him on the floor in his room and go get his bath ready. His room is right next to the bathroom and so he usually meets me there in a few minutes. He's crawling now, y'all knew that right? Well tonight I decided to play a gentle game of peek-a-boo. I heard him coming down the hall (how can you miss his grunting and excited squeals? He really is a contentedly noisy baby!) and I decided to hide behind the open bathroom door. He knew I was nearby and he thought I was in the bathroom, but when he got to the bathroom door and didn't see me, he didn't quite know what to think about it. You see, he doesn't crawl on all fours, he army crawls. So I'm secretly looking at a buck-naked boy scanning the bathroom to his left, the rest of the hall and living room directly in front and then craning his neck to peer into our room on his right. Upon not seeing me he gives a little bewildered moan, I swear he was trying to say 'mama?' It melted me. I couldn't stand to see him laying there on the floor feeling all alone when he really wasn't. So I peaked further from behind the door and said 'peek-a-boo!' He flashed me the widest grin and commenced to crawling into the bathroom, all happily grunting away.


He is such a heart-breaker.

1 comment:

Jessica Morris said...

aww! precious :)
There's nothing quite like a little boy loving his mommy!