Saturday, January 31, 2009

From Death to Life

search engine marketing
search engine optimization


Friday was a day of extremes, it seems. First, we got a call that Andrew's grandmother passed away. We knew she had just been diagnosed with cancer and was about to receive treatment, but we didn't know it was as bad as it was. It was sort of sudden. We will be attending the funeral next week.

Then I get a call that I am now an Aunt!! I am so excited! My brothers boy was born yesterday. His name is Ivan. My brother tells me he has a full head of black hair, just like my dad. Both of my kids were just sort of fuzzy. I can't wait to meet the little guy that has made me an aunt for the first time. Being an Aunt is different than being a mom. I suppose it's sort of like being a grandma. You can spoil them and then send them home. Ahhhh, I'm going to enjoy this.

Talk about mixed emotions.

Oh and I'm doing 8.5lbs. Just 6.5lbs to go. Or 16.5lb or 26.5lb depending on what goal weight you are looking at. I took Maggie's advice and am reading Never Say Diet. I'm only on the first chapter, I'll let you know. So far so good. I like that the first change is the mind. Then the body. But I also like that it has a God-emphasis on it too.

Pray for Andrew. I know this is hard for him. The funeral is a bit of a drive.

Pray for my brother and sis-in-law. I know how difficult first babies can be. But I know he will be loved.

No comments: