|search engine optimization|
Tammy you so mean....
Whole Wheat and Honey Pizza Dough
This pizza dough is the best I've made yet. It's low fat, low cal, and my family loves it. It doubles, triples and quadruples well. I will sometimes make a large batch and freeze the rest so that the next time I make pizza I just have to take it out and let it defrost on the counter and in a few hours it's ready to go. This is extra good with freshly ground wheat flour and if the whole wheat is too much just sub a cup of white in there. Really good stuff. I can't wait to eat it again!
1 pkg active dry yeast
1 C. warm water
2 C. whole wheat flour
1/4 c wheat germ
1 tsp salt
1 tbls honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (If you use a stone place that in there now this will result in a crisper crust on the bottom)
2. In a small bowl dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes
3. In a large bowl combine half of the flour, all wheat germ and salt. Make a well in the middle and add honey and yeast mixture. Stir well to combine. Gradually add the remaining flour till it forms a nice ball that cleans the sides of the bowl. It should be smooth, slightly sticky. Cover and set in a warm place to rest for a few minutes. The longer you let this rise the easier it is to spread out on the pan later on.
4. Roll dough on a floured pizza pan and poke a few holes in it with a fork. You can also sprinkle cornmeal on the pan instead of the flour for a truly pizzeria feel.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes, top with your best yummy toppings and bake until desired crispiness.
Here is a link to my fave pizza recipe! BBQ Chicken and Onion Pizza!