Friday, May 08, 2009

SparkPeople

search engine marketing
search engine optimization


When I was pregnant with Nadia and Rhys I came across a website devoted to pregnant and nursing mothers. Well, more specifically, the diet of pregnant and nursing mothers. It helped you to know just how much of whatever you needed to be eating. I never knew how many calories I should eat and most people would say 'just eat when you are hungry'. Well for some reason I have a hard time knowing exactly when I'm hungry and when I'm just hormonal or emotional. I need to have a guideline or I go seriously over. BabyFit is one of the many websites of Sparkpeople.com. I found them again when I got tired of my old calorie counting website, which has worked really well. I thought I'd let you in on the best kept secret out there.

Sparkpeople.com is free, which is a plus these days and it's extensive. It keeps record of all the usuals, calories, weight, exercise, measurements for you. And it also figures out how much you should be eating. But it's so much more than that. They have teams you can be a part of. Currently I am on a BootCamp team that inspires you to exercise or tone something everyday. I am also on a breastfeeding team. Sparkpeople has certified coaches that record free videos and demonstrations of exercises and toning. So far I've done kickboxing, lower body and upper body toning, pilates and stretching. What has really sold me on this website, aside from the free aspect, is the free videos. I can't believe it! It does have a store and a few sponsor adds, but I've never felt annoyed by them. In fact, I'd say you have to look for them.

It does have options to 'accesorize' as I'd call it. You can make you own page and connect with people in your area. It has a really nice feature that you can map out your walking/running route and tell it how long it takes you and it will tell you how many calories you are burning and how far you've gone. I really like that.

All in all, I'd give it two thumbs up. It's a very nicely done website with lots and I mean lots of resources. You gotta check it out.

No comments: