Wednesday, December 10, 2008

G-Ma Evy Update and Rhys Naps!

search engine marketing
search engine optimization


My Grandmother was transferred yesterday to a nursing home in the area. She survived the transport. She can swallow pureed foods and thickened liquids, so that is good. That means no feeding tube. She also moved her right hand/arm. Which is stupendous! We still don't know a prognosis. All the drs at the hospital were saying that she would die. But my Aunt (Grandma's caretaker) wants to talk to the nursing home dr, as he deals with this more. So we'll see. She had the stroke Friday evening and she's made it to Wednesday evening. Now I haven't called for an update yet, so I'm not sure how she's doing today. But no news is good news.

And Rhys had a great day of napping. He napped really well. Last night when I was nursing him before bed he had a great big watery poop. I'm wondering if he was fighting a touch of what his father had on Sunday. He didn't want to eat very well all day and then at the end had that poop. But he ate like a boy and slept like a baby. I am so glad my little boy is back!

I have good news on the weight loss front. I was able to fit into my favorite pair of exercise pants. I realize they stretch, but they don't look like they are spread out, kwim? They look nice. Since I started actually trying to loose weight I've lost:
  • 2.5 lbs
  • 1 inch off my chest (I measure right under the arms)
  • 1.5 inches off my waist
  • 1 inch off my thighs
  • 1.5 inches off my hips
Everything else is the same. I think it's the running. At least I hope so. I am keeping my calorie intake up there and Rhys seems content. I am making sure I get wholesome healthy foods. My only junk food is frozen yogurt and well, that is still kinda healthy. My current goals are:
  • to reach my pre preg weight of 165 (I have 12.5 lbs to go)
  • to loose 6.5 inches off my waist
  • to loose 1.5 inches off my hips
  • and my thighs are already smaller than pre preg size, isn't that great?
My upper arms are a tad bigger than before, but that's probably because I am lifting a 12lb weight several times a day.

I will post a pic later.

Hubby is much better, did I mention that?

Nadia and I made Garbage Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies today. I didn't have any chocolate chips, but I did have a hollow Easter bunny, several Hershey kisses, a fun size crunch bar and several m&m's. All of that chopped up and put together made for some very interesting looking cookies. I'm told they were good. Rhys doesn't handle chocolate well. But hey, that is a frugal way to make cookies! And why not, do you think I'm going to let my daughter eat a whole Easter bunny? No way. Chopped up in cookies is a much better way to control portions.

Hasta la vista.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Good job on the exercising! You are doing great and staying healthy. I'm on a get-healthy mission of my own, but mine is pre-baby so we can start thinking about having one.