Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dishes... Yuk

search engine marketing
search engine optimization


Let me state for the record I loathe dirty dishes. I don't like washing them, rinsing them, drying them or putting them away. Everything about doing dishes I don't like. We even have a nice dishwasher. The only thing I like about doing dishes that way is turning it on. That is short lived, however, when the machine is done. Because then I have to put them away. Groan. Hubby knows this and he does them whenever possible. But I rarely ask him to, because I know he's busy. And when I do ask him to help with the dishes it's usually to do it together. Like a working date. All that said, I do them anyway. And I don't complain, I don't whine about it. It's one of those things that you just gotta do. And when they are done, it's really nice. But I don't have to like it.

I've discovered something this evening that makes the whole process easier. We have a few hand-washables that for whatever reason don't go in the dishwasher. And usually we dirty one or two of those everyday. Not enough to do once a day, so I wait till have a at least 3 days worth. But by that time the food particles are almost permanently adhered to the surface. And I'll stand there scrubbing away. But tonight I had an epiphany. Before I got Nadia ready for bed I filled the sink with the hottest water I could get, put the dishes in that and let them soak. 30 minutes later the water was cool enough to work and the food particles wiped right off. Dishes were almost no work at all. I know to some of you this is a no brainer. But this is a revelation to me. It helps me to get it done better. And easier.

Now if I could find a great way to get the house dusted more than once a quarter.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I don't mind dishes. I actually like cleaning the kitchen. I'll do your dishes, you do my laundry ;)