Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Favorite Thing To Do With Chicken

search engine marketing
search engine optimization

And it happens to be the easiest thing as well!

I call this Rotel Chicken (I don't know why, it has no rotel products in it at all)

1 can salsa (your heat preference, about 16oz)
1 can refried beans
2 chicken breasts
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Cumin
1 package of soft tacos
Favorite taco fixins

In your crock pot throw the can of salsa, rinse the sides of the can with water, but don't throw that water out, throw it in the crock instead. Add the refried beans, garlic and onion powders to taste and a bit of cumin (I dunno, I measure like Rachael Ray). Mix all this up real well.

Then add the 2 chicken breasts. 2 seems to do very well, it has a nice proportion of the sauce to the meat and 2 makes a lot! (I usually always put mine in frozen and they come out great)

Turn to high for 2 hours, then low till fork tender. Or if you are putting it in the morning just turn it to low and it'll be done.

When the chicken is fork tender take it out, shred it and return it to the crock. Mix all that up and serve with taco fixins! This is the best chicken taco's I've ever had. My husband loves them and so does Nadia!

That's what's for dinner tonight!

Any good ideas for a name for this recipe, besides Rotel chicken?

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm totally trying this - that sounds so good!

I've never actually bought refried beans. Is that what they're labelled? What brand do you get?

Kathryn said...

I get my store brand, and they come fat free, that's the kind you want, otherwise the original is very high in fat. And yes, they are labeled refried beans, you can find them with the salsa.