Monday, June 04, 2007

A More Thorough Update

search engine marketing
search engine optimization
Well I promised a more in depth update once I was up to it. So here goes. Our adventure out east started before we even got in the car.
It was Monday night, I had put one last load in the washing machine, dirty diapers. Ya know, I didn't want to come back to THAT once we got home. Washing diapers takes a long time, want to make sure they are clean, so when at 9:30 they weren't finished, I didn't bat an eye. However, when the washing machine was still running at 10:30 I thought I'd better look. Seemed ok, so I turned it off, opened the door and shut it again. Nothing. Great. Night before we leave and our washing machine is on the fritz. Great, just greaaaaaaaaaaaat. So I take all of the diapers out, ew, rinse them in the tub and hang them there to dry, all the while wondering what they are going to look like after two weeks of hanging there.
The next day I woke up at 5:30 to do some yoga, get things around and get on the road. We got on the road at approx 8am. Which is good for us. The trip, itself went well, with all of us getting a little nutty after about 6 hours. The trip takes 8.
The first meeting was Wednesday evening. It was their prayer meeting and they asked Andrew to give a short devotional. This is the northern church that I was not real keen on at first. Every bone in my body was rebelling at this interview and even driving up there. I thought 'if I am so against this, something must be telling me it's not the one. Why even drive up there? Why go through this? I know I'm not going to like it." We got up there and I found myself liking the area. It is very remote, very rural, but in the mountains and very beautiful. I was trying make myself not like it. I didn't want to fall in love with anything there, because if I did that might mean we were to go there. I am such a child.
Anyway, we got there, killed some time and then met some of the gentlemen of the church. They showed us around the labyrinth of a church that it is. It looks small from the outside, but once you enter the doors there is quite a facility there! I was shocked. And is it beautiful. They still use their bell, regularly! They have deep mahogany wood paneling, real wood! It is a beautiful church. We met some of the people. Warm, big hearted people. Then when the service started I was filled with such joy and excitement, I couldn't believe it. I have never before experienced that level of joy! I smiled like I hadn't smiled in years. I kid you not. Oh I was struggling. I still didn't want to go to this church, I was very resistant to it. But I felt the Lord saying "I want you to be willing to go to this church, even if I don't call you to it." I couldn't be resistant to my Lord, I just couldn't do that. So I relented.
I deeply enjoyed my time in their prayer service. They are a praying people and their prayers touched me deep. I pray that they find the pastor they need, even if it's not us. My heart goes out to them, as I've been in a church before without a pastor. Truly churches like that are sheep without a shepherd. Good folk, but lacking leadership.
The interview followed the service, which went well. I felt open and was very talkative with the people there. It was very relaxed and we even laughed! Not the nervous laughing either. Very comfortable. We can both see ourselves there. We are trying not to get our hopes up.
We saw the parsonage. A lovely home, bigger than ours, with lots of room for more family. Ample yard, room for a garden, a large garden and they even have a clothes line already set up. I like it.
They basically asked us to call with our decision on follow up, as they knew we had an interview with another church later that week. I think I could hear hope fading in his voice as he asked us to call with our decision. I felt sad for him.
Anyway, we both feel positively about this church and are hoping for the best. They have a council meeting to discuss us/this/whatever Tuesday night. We should know by Wednesday of their decision.
Friday was the meeting with the southern church. This church is inner city. Very inner city. Large large church. The biggest I've ever been in. And the position was not a pastoral position, but more of an administrative position. Andrew is called to be a pastor. The interview went very well, we thought, but we both came out of there not feeling a fit with this position. Because of that and because of the subsequent phone call we got from them confirming that, I will not go into the church much more than what I have.

As far as the rest of our trip. Well suffice it to say, I was glad to come home. It was a long trip. We all stayed in the same room. Nadia is not used to us sleeping in a room with her, nor are we used to her sleeping in a room with us. I do not know how we did it for two months here in our house. Grace. That's all I can say. We all did not sleep well. Andrew had a cough that forced him out of the room more than once to sleep on the couch, which would wake up both Nadia and I. One more than one occasion Nadia slept with us. Then on Sunday my in laws had a family reunion of over thirty people in a small three bedroom ranch. It was nuts. But wait, there's more! Most everyone was outside and then it decided to rain. I mean it poured! Like sideways! I kid you not! So everyone was inside, and poor little claustrophobic me was starting to hyperventilate. It was not pretty. I had to leave. I stood outside under the awning. Nadia was not faring well. She wasn't eating, wasn't sleeping and I thought it was because of the people. She was hot, it was hot. But then the next day I took her temp and it was high. Like 104 high. Well Monday was memorial day, we were out of town, so we took her to the ER. She had had a cold two weeks ago, so we were pretty sure of what it was. Fast forward all day in the ER and she had an ear infection. Bingo! She was a gem there though. Poor punkin was just tired. So she rested and slept. I knew she wasn't feeling well when she did that! So we got her prescription and went home. Ever since she started that med she has not had a normal bowel movement. I feel so bad for the poor girl. I wish I could take her pain. I don't wish this on her. But she's almost done with the regimen and the family dr said to keep it up, it's normal, eat yogurt, she'll be ok. And yogurt has been the one thing she's wanted. So that's good.
We got a call from the southern church on Tuesday that another interview was not needed, don't call us, we'll call you (that's why we waited so long, in case they wanted another interview, not to have to travel another 16 hour round trip, do it all in on she-bang.) So Wednesday we cleaned up, packed up, and Thursday came home. YAY! I was never so happy to see our home.
Andrew, my wonderful, talented, able-bodied hubby, was able to fix out washer! It was a rubber band around the motor. And we thought we'd have to buy a new one! YAY! No money out on this repair and all thanks to my wonderful hubby!
I went to my best friends bridal shower at the beach on Saturday. Just her and her girls. It was nice. It was relaxing and I enjoyed myself. I know Sara did too. Now I just gotta get her dress done. Just have to sew the hem, fix a few little diddies here and there and the dress is done. As far as the jacket is concerned, I have to sew the sleeves on then sew the trim on, then it's done. And I want to get the dress either dry cleaned or pressed. She is coming on Saturday for a final fitting.
Speaking of the rest of the month, boy is June packed! I am working this Wednesday because of a conference this weekend that my hubby is attending and that I am taking pics for on Friday. We have a guest for Friday night who is attending the same conference. Sara is stopping by on Saturday for the dress and then I am taking Sara shopping for her wedding present. Figured she would know what she needs more than I do.
Sunday I am in the nursery. Nadia will love that!
Thursday evening is saying goodbye to the big boss. Then that Saturday my parents are coming into town for another conference in town. They aren't staying with us. Then that conference is the following Monday through Wednesday (which my hubby and I are doing pics for) and then my mom is staying with us wed through fri. That weekend is the only weekend we have free for a possible candidating Sunday. Then the last weekend we are helping a friend move. And then July 4 Sara gets married! ECK! Too much, too much too much.
But before you know it, June will be gone, July will be here and then Nadia will be two! Can you believe it!?
My little girl is almost two! I'm so ready for another one. But that's another post.
So there you have it, the whole kit and caboodle.
I can't wait to get this dress done so I can start making some skirts for myself. I found some great sites that I'll share with you next time. I need to get going on this dress so later!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, Kathryn, I'm so glad that the interviews went so well! Tomorrow's Wednesday, so I'm waiting anxiously for the ruling of the smaller, Northern church. (I'm kinda rootin' for that one, to tell you the truth, from your description)!