|search engine optimization|
I said I'd have them for you, so here they are.
My goals for myself, after much prayer and thought, for 2011 are:
- In my relationship with the Lord, my goal is to read through the bible in a year, again. I did that last year and it was so beneficial! I learned so much! I also am going to post every Wednesday on the reading on Tammy's blog. See this post to learn more about what reading plan we are doing and her blog.
- In my relationship with my husband, my goal is to pray for him everyday, with intention. To aid in this, I am going to use The Power of a Praying Wife. It has short readings and a written prayer to help you pray for your husband. I will use this, at least at first and then if I feel I've created a good base, I'll move on. I figure if I pray for my husband I'll become the wife he needs and the Lord will work through him, rather than me nag him.
- In my relationship with my kids, my goal is to think before I speak, speak softly and model the behavior I want to see in them. This is a doozy for me. I've tried to change this, but it's hard! I've already gotten in a pattern of negative behavior and I want that to change.
- In my relationship with others, my goal is to pray, immediately, as someone comes to mind, or when someone asks. One of my spiritual gifts is intercession and I do believe the Lord brings people to mind to pray for them. I fail miserably at this. I want to be a praying person, every moment of every day.
- In my relationship with myself, my goal is to speak positively to myself. (that is so self help I can't stand it) But I am so negative and down on myself. The Lord doesn't talk to me like that! And so, with that in mind, I am making a goal of being able to run a 10 min mile in my training by years end. Because, like a dear friend said to me, I don't know what I am capable of.