Monday, November 29, 2010

The Lord Answers

search engine marketing
search engine optimization

Just earlier today I wrote this:

And I'm missing preaching. Oh my heart aches within me to preach. Sometimes I get preachy in my Sunday School class and I don't see myself as a teacher there, just a facillitator, but it happens. I've been bringing this up to the Lord again and again to lead me to the right time and place to use my gift and I leave it there. I want His time, His place. I don't want to rush ahead of Him. But this scripture from Jeremiah speaks so much to me
But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot. Jer 20:9

And as if the Lord heard me (um, duh, He did.  Gee, sometimes I astound myself) I read this in my reading today:

All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.” Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  1 Peter 5:5a-7

Not that I'm looking to be exalted or some big to-do woman or whatever, but I am so eager to use this gift, namely because it fires me up.  I feel alive when I'm searching and writing and preaching His word.  But this scripture tells me to just wait under His authority for His good and perfect time and if I do that He will be faithful.  He will bring it up in His good time.

Isn't it exciting when God immediately answers our hearts?  How comforting that He sees us.  He sees me.  I struggle with that, being seen.  There are days I don't even go outside.  Not that I don't want to, it's just getting colder and with little ones it's harder to get out.  I'm no hermit, I do get out, trust me.  But God sees my innermost parts of my heart and He holds it in his hands.  He sees me and He answers me.  I am thankful and grateful that He loves me that much.  Ah, how blessed we are to serve a LIVING God.  Not one fashioned by man.  But one that far surpasses man and our minds.  Praise the Lord!  

No comments: