Saturday, March 27, 2010

Reading List

search engine marketing
search engine optimization


My good online friend posted a reading list on her blog (can I call you that Kim?), so I stole her idea as a way to keep me accountable. I have a stack of books in front of me that I've been wanting to read for years now. I've been adding to it slowly, but not really subtracting many books. *sigh* Fiction is always easier and faster to get through than educational books. At any rate, here's what's on my shelf.

Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka (I'm about 25% through this one)
Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr John Townsend (again 25% through)
A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George
The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson
Invitation to Solitude and Silence by Ruth Haley Barton (this one has been sitting on my shelf for so long it has a picture as a bookmark of Nadia when she was a baby. My dear beloved friend gave this to me.)
Chasing Daylight by Erwin McManus (again about 25% through. I'm noticing a trend here.)
Think Like Jesus by George Barna (can you guess how much I've read?)
Too Christian Too Pagan by Dick Staub (same.)
Women In the Church by Stanley Grenz and Denise Muir Kjesbo (this is the one I am currently working through with the bible to check references.)
Becoming A Woman of Influence by Carol Kent

And here is my wish list (all fiction):
Yada Yada Prayer Group Series by Neta Jackson (I just got done with the first two)
Desperate Pastors Wives Series by by Ginger Kolbaba and Christy Scannell

So that is what's on my shelf.  Ugh.  That's enough.  I feel like I'm in college again and it's all MY choosing.  There is just so much good stuff out there, it's hard to not read.  But then again I've always been a reader, a researcher and a writer (among other things).  

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm honoured to be called a good online friend, Kathryn :)