Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Banana Pancakes

search engine marketing
search engine optimization


Now because my knickname is Miss Frugality and because I can't bear to part with anything of value just because it's a bit less than desirable I am currently cooking up an enormous batch of Banana Pancakes. I usually freeze my banana's when they are past fresh eating but still great for baking. And usually it's just one or two banana's. Not enough to really do anything of significance with. And I usually end up with something like 10 banana's before I remember I have all of them in there. So that is why today I am probably going to end up with somewhere around 4 dozen pancakes. That's ok, I made them healthy.

Here's the Recipe. Banana Pancakes

Now I changed a bit, but have always found these changes go over well. First, all of the flour is soft wheat, or you could use whole wheat pastry flour. Second, I replaced all of the oil with applesauce, and third I added more powdered milk (because I fear my children don't get enough protein but they love pancakes.)

So far they are cooking up nicely. I plan on freezing them and pulling out just what I need. So many mornings I struggle with what to feed Rhys. With this I know he's getting fruit, protein, calcium and good carbs. And I'm saving money!

There are days I really feel like I'm finally getting the hang of this. This is one of those days.

Enjoy!

No comments: